Monday, February 10, 2014

Japan week #27

Haha!!  SO! I'm SO sorry about the late emails! I HATE emailing late, but sometimes we can't help it. Plus this transfer is crazy and what not with all our traveling, so I'm very sorry for emailing late! I don't think it should happen again soon! BUT! Just so ya know, if you don't get an email for me when you are supposed to, and you don't get an email from President Evan's, you can know that I'm just having lots of fun, and working way hard, and having a wonderful experience, and you can expect an email soon. ;) Haha!! 
  So, I was trying to think of something to do for Dad's birthday...but then I though, I'm on the other side of the world, I can't do nothing!! ;) So I thought I'd just say LOVE YOU DAD!!! Hope you had too much fun and ate too much! ;) 
  Crazy that you guys have been getting so much snow this year! It seems like I leave and then it all comes! It doesn't beat Hokkaido though! ;) It's only famous for having WAY too much snow. ;) This week we got to go to Sapporo for zone conference, and we also got to go to the yuki matsuri! The world famous snow festival! :D Zone Conference was CRAZY. It was a 3 zone combined gig, so we got to see TONS of missionaries, which is ALWAYS fun! :D I got to hang out with Elder Lee the whole time. :) He and I are attached at the hip it feels like when we meet each other at big events. It's crazy. :P Zone Conference was crazy fun. President Evans gave a sweet workshop on faith, balanced dendo efforts, and new member retention, it was way great. :) And we had the mental health and physical health Elders come from Tokyo to do workshops. The physical health workshop was dull. :P But I got to meet the doctor who helped me when I was WAY sick in Muroran. He said he was way worried about me because I was so sick for so long, plus I was complaining about a sore neck, so he was way concerned that it was very serious, so we had a fun chat. :) But the mental health workshop was fun. ;) Let's not go crazy! It was great. :) 
  The snow festival was AMAZING. Like, MIND BLOWING EPIC. I wish you guys could ahve been there. I have never seen such better use of snow in my life. Some of this structures were HUNDREDS of feet tall, like complete buildings made of snow. It was insane. And they had epic light shows on some of the sculptures that made it look like other stuff was happening and what not, it was flipping intense. :) And we got to meet a guy from Oregon who is working on a sculpture for the big contest. He was an old guy, Grandpa's age, and he was SUCH a farm guy, it was great. ;) Talking to a crazy old man playing in the snow asking us if we're making any headway on the heathens. ;) WAY funny. And that was basically our week this week, we didn't get much regular dendo done because we were in Sapporo this week. 
  What I've realized this week though is that I have REALLY fallen in love with Japan and the people. I was watching one of our deacons give a talk in Sacrament meeting yesterday, and I was just SO happy, and then I realized that all too soon it'll be gone! I just about died in Sacrament meeting. :P Missions are nuts. Just saying. ;) 
  I love you all, and pray for you all the time! Have a great week!

   Love, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment