Saturday, July 27, 2013

MTC week #8

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Everyone!! 
     I hope everyone is feeling genki and loving life. :) I certainly know I am! It's been a blast here at the MTC, and I'm super stoked to get out and do the Lord's work. I have a whole ONE WEEK to go till I set foot on Japanese soil, and it's going to be marvelous, I know. :) I've learned so much here, and I have grown so much as well. It's going to be a very sad/ happy day come the 5th...It'll be great to head to Japan, but I'm going to miss the great times we had here. At least I get to fly with everyone in my district minus Elder White, since we're all headed to Sapporo. :) So I won't have to say good bye to them quite yet. Everyone else though that I've been over, and have watched grow from their first days here I'm gonna have a hard time saying goodbye too. But! It's ok, we're out here for the Lord, not ourselves.
    This week has been a ton of fun. :) We have been working hard, and we've all been getting along better than we ever have before. Monday and Tuesday were pretty standard days. Lots of class, lots of Nihongo, and lots of fun. :) Wednesday however, we didn't have our regular morning class. Instead we had a special Japanese Missionary ONLY devotional, which was SUPER COOL! We talked a lot about Japan, and the theme of the devotional was about expectations. We talked about our expectations for our missions, and about what we may have heard about the work in Japan about other people. We talked about how the work is rapidly progressing in Japan, and how we need to be open to what the LORD wants us to expect, and be willing to follow his will and guidance. It was PHENOMENAL! Easily the best devotional we've had yet here, it was super special especially though because it was all about Japan. :) It was a sweet experience. Aside from that, the rest of this week has been a fairly standard week, we're just doing our best and we're just saigo made taeshinobimasu! Enduring to the end. ;)
   Friday however, was amazing. ;) We got our travel plans!! Getting travel plans is ALWAYS a big deal in the MTC for obvious reasons. :) Most of the Japanese missionaries have to get up SUPER early to get on their flights, like 1-2 am early, but we lucked out big time on that! We don't have to report to the travel office till 7:30 am, and our flight leaves at 11:15 am. That's like the perfect time to get out, not too early, not too late. It's great. :) We fly on Delta from SLC to Seattle first. Which is weird to me, but hey! I like Seattle. :P We can't leave the airport though, so we get to just hang out and wait for our flights, which is smartest I think. We should arrive in Seattle at around 12:45ish, and then we have a two hour layover till our flight to Tokyo. We leave on Delta again at about 3 pm from Seattle, and arrive in Tokyo at only 4:45 pm!! :D :D The next day. ;) Buahaha! I don't know how long that actual flight will be, but because of the time change that will be the local time we arrive. Darn those international date lines. ;) We have another two hour layover in Tokyo, then we fly on Japan Airlines to Sapporo, which is about a 2 hour flight. And then who knows what we'll do, probably sleep since we get in late. :P I'm going to be a whole day ahead of you guys back home. :) It's going to be funny calling home on Christmas. It'll either be Christmas Eve for you, or my birthday for me!! Lol! :) It's gonna be great. I plan on sleeping as long as I can on the Seattle to Tokyo flight. I am NOT looking forward to the jet lag... So hopefully I can offset it as much as I can.
  I'm super excited for Dana and Cade! :D That's so cool! I've been wondering about them and when they were getting their calls! When does Cade report to the MTC? I bet he's glad he doesn't have to learn a new language. I'm super excited for Dana too. :) It's such a miracle that she got baptized, and is now going to serve a mission. That just blows my mind. :) Tell her I love her choice to serve a mission and that I know she'll do great. :) Thanks for letting me know about that. :) Can you guys find out what Cade's email is so that I can be in touch with him? I miss him! I'm so happy Mikey is finally able to head to Argentina as well. :D He wasn't expecting to go till the next transfer in mid August, but he got his visa early! :D I'm glad Japan is easy visa wise. I personally wouldn't want to be temporarily reassigned, I wanna go hang out with mah Nihonjin! ;) About that also with travel stuff, I don't have my passport, but I'm supposed to be getting all my other travel stuff when I report to the travel office Monday morning. I do have a ministerial certificate though that authorizes me to stay in Japan for that reason, but I'm sure I can't use it to travel with. :P No one else has their passports or anything, so I'm fairly confident that that'll all be taken care of the Monday morning that I leave.
  Thanks as well for all the stuff you've sent me. :D It's been epic, and we've enjoyed all the goodies. ;) I got the toiletries and and journals earlier this week, and they were sorely needed! I was actually out of soap for two days before I got it. :P That was a fun two days. :) And I got all the snow stuff you sent me as well today. The gloves fit fine, and they are SUPER nice. All the Elders are now jealous of my epic gloves. :) The hat, scarf, and thermals are much appreciated too. :) The scarf kinda blows my mind though. It doesn't seem like it would be warm, but I was reading the tag thing mini book thing on it, and it seems pretty cool. Nice and light but still warm, seems legit. :) We're all thinking about getting in all our winter gear one night and taking some pictures of us all bundled up. :P I think that'd be fun. 
    I'll finish getting pictures and what not for this week and then I'll send it home later this week. I've got some good stuff on there. :) 
        Anyways, gotta close now. Thanks so much for everything you guys do. I love you all DEARLY!! :)
               I'll talk to you again soon.
               Ai shite imasu
                   Dialogue Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment