Monday, April 21, 2014

Japan week #37

Hey!! I actually just got the easter package TODAY as we were leaving to go do emails! :D Made me as giddy as a little Japanese school girl. I thought the mission office might be holding it to give to me at zone conference this week, and if that was the case I would NOT have been happy. But, I saw the mail man drive up, and so we waited in the apartment to see if he had anything for us, and he did!! :D It was kinda funny, he couldn't really read the English on the package our on our name plate, so he just pings the door and asks. Made me laugh, spent a solid five minutes comparing the names. I would know cuz I watched him through the peep hole on the door. ;) I might've been just a TAD too excited for it. :P
  This week has been another rough one. We lost our investigator this week. He doesn't believe that any of this is true, says he's never felt anything or seen any influence at all from reading, praying, coming to church, talking to us, nothing, and he said he doesn't really want to do this anymore. So that's been hard. Otofuke has turned out to be quite the hard area for me. I've seen some great things, but it's also crushed my heart, multiple times. That was the big thing that happened this week. That happened on Saturday, and all that day we just couldn't do anything. NOTHING was happening. No one to visit, REALLY rude people, we were pretty crushed and discouraged. But then we were blessed with a tender mercy of the Lord. We had stopped at a park to sit down and take a break, and just think. Pretty soon a crowd of 7 kids or so, all between the ages of 5 and 12 came and were playing on the playground. They weren't talking to us, but they were talking about us, asking each other if we were american, and what we were doing, not expecting us to be able to speak Japanese. And so I look and say, 'da yo ne!' After one of them had guessed that we were americans. Which just means like, yep! You bet we are! And they were all way excited that we could speak, and they ran to us and started just bombarding us with questions. And then they asked us if we wanted to play tag with them. And you know what, we played tag and hide and go seek with a bunch of kids for thirty minutes. And it was the most sweet tender miracle I've seen in a while. They made us feel so much better, and it was exactly what Elder Horne and I need.
  So now our investigator situation has really kind of tanked, but that's ok. We can't control people and take their agency, and we can only do so much. So now we're back to square one. Time to hit the streets, and find people to talk to. Thanks for all your love and support every week! I always love hearing about all your adventures! :) Talk to you all soon!

 Love, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment