Monday, April 28, 2014

Japan week #38

Hello everyone!! 
 This week has been a BLAST! And SO healing. Last week was a bit of a rough one for me, and I was working hard to get over that, and we had a couple really cool things that happened to help me. We only had one dendo miracle this week, and I REALLY hope it goes somewhere. On Wednesday we were housing and housing and housing, and our scheduled lesson for that day got canceled, so we had NOTHING else to do, but more housing. We were tired, hungry, and did NOT want to keep housing, but we figured that we'd been given this extra finding time for a purpose, so we said a prayer asking for guidance, and went out to go do more finding. We ended up biking a bit, and then on our VERY first contact after we stopped, was a young dad. At first he said that he was sokugakai (buddhisms jehova's witnesses) And that he had no interest in what we had to say. And I was like DAAAAANG IT!!!! But I didn't let it stop at that, I just felt like I needed to keep talking to him, so I did. And we ended up talking about his family, and I don't how it got to the point where he was willing to share this, but he told me that he worries a  lot about his family, especially his two children. He says he doesn't like what's gonna happen in this world, and he's very concerned about how to raise his children in a way that they'll be prepared for it. And I testified hard core right there, and we were able to make a return appointment. :D :D That hardly EVER happens! :D Especially with the young people! :) 
  And this week Elder Aoyagi of the 70 came and visited the mission! :D We had a zone conference, and he did some training, which was amazing. It was all about faith and hope, and producing miracles to baptize. And it was SO AMAZING. With everything that's happened the last transfer or so, it was EXACTLY what I needed, and he also promised us that if we ask HF what he wants us to do in our areas, and even ask a specific question as how many people do I need to help this transfer, that we'll be given the answers. And so Elder Horne and I took that very seriously. We got home from Sapporo, and we sat down, and prayed. Felt the Spirit really strongly, and we wrote down how many people we felt that we needed to reach, and we both felt three. And then proceeded to feel the Spirit even stronger. So. We have 3 peeps that need us this transfer. Whether they're members, less actives, old investigators, people we still haven't found, or someone we've already found, I don't know. But there are 3 people we need to help. Revelation is SO REAL. And I really really learned that this week. :)
 Also got to go to the beach today! About an hour drive south of us. A member drove us out there because I wanted to go way bad, and it was a blast! :D 
      Can't wait to hear from you all soon!
 Love ya!

   Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment