Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Japan week #39

Hello everyone! 
  This has been a rather uneventful week to be honest. :P No real super cool stories, no really crazy things went down, it was just a solid week of work. 
  I did get to go on splits this week, but not regular splits. The zone leaders are in the obihiro area, and they had to go to a big meeting with president evans that he does every transfer, and this time my distict leader got invited to go as well, so they had to go to Sapporo for two days. And during that time we had his comp come to otofuke and work with us, and it was a BLAST! Tri companionships are just a party all day, never a quiet moment, which I love. We went and visited a few people, did some finding, and then had a great lesson with a man that Elder Horne and I found last transfer. We were kinda unsure of his interest in the gospel, and whether or not he would find any interest in it, but this time with the three of us there, he showed a lot of interest, and his wife too, and we had a very good lesson about the plan of salvation, and specifically about God. That's one thing you have to focus on a lot with japanese people, God. They don't really believe anything here, and even if they do believe in a God, it's a very very different concept, and while we were talking to him about it he said that if a God like that existed that'd be the best. So we're very excited to see how it goes with him and hopefully his family in the following weeks. :) As we were getting ready to leave, he asked us if we'd like to go out to dinner sometime with him and his family, so we set up a dinner appointment with them! :D The best part is that this man, Takashima San, is a rich orthopedic surgeon. ;) Ironic, right? That's the doctor I've been thinking a lot about becoming, so we're very excited to go out with them next week! And since Elder Brackner was there, our dl's comp, those two got in on the dinner appointment as well! So that'll be a blast. :)
   We also had a ward yakiniku barbeque on Saturday. Yakiniku is basically just fried meat, and that's it. You just get some DELICIOUS meat of various types and spicings and what not, and you throw it on a grill, and then eat it. Perfect meal. Meat. Love it. :) We had a lot of fun out there eating and playing games and throwing balls with the members and what not. It was great. :D
   I've really been thinking a lot this week too. Otofuke has been a great area and an incredible hard area for me. And I've been trying to make sure that I'm learning everything from it that I can. It has been hard for me, especially recently, but I've really learned to become less selfish from my time here. I have realized that I wanted to see things my way in my time, or I was thinking that success was only seeing baptisms, or being upset if people didn't progress as fast as I wanted them to or what not. I've really come to learn that ALL of this is in the Lord's timetable. And even though I will never understand why some things are they way they are, I know that the Lord is in control and that whatever comes, comes. And that's how it is supposed to be. Thanks for all of your love and prayers and support. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you all soon! :) 


   Love, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment